QAEHS in Focus: Cheng (Ken) Tang

16 Mar 2023

QAEHS in Focus shines the spotlight on QAEHS staff and students to showcase the expertise and talent within our Centre.

PhD student Ken TangWhy did you choose QAEHS to study with?

Mainly 2 reasons: First is the nice and friendly environment in QAEHS in which everyone is friendly and willing to help and second is the number of resources it has (both lab instruments and researcher connections).

What is your research about?

My research is about identifying the non-intentionally added chemicals in infant food pouches (pre-packed food puree, breastmilk storage bags etc. ) that could potentially migrate to food and then assess infants' exposure to these chemicals.

How do QAEHS academics assist with the development of your research?

They provide a lot of insights and suggestions to improve my experiment design and also help to build connections with experts outside the institute to extend the scope of my thesis.

What has been the best advice you have received about coping with the move to Brisbane?

It's better to have sunscreen and an umbrella with you if you’re going out, might come in handy.

What is your favourite movie?

Not really a fan of movies, but The Good Doctor series is nice.

Random fact you would like to share about yourself.

There’s a slim chance I’ll tell you 1500/50 = 50. If I do, please try to erase that from your memory.